- Here’s Why Ontario’s Back-to-Work Legislation May Be Unconstitutional
- Does the Legal Profession have a Civility Problem?
- Should Ontario Charities Provide Legal Services?
- Law Society to Debate Controversial Equality Oath in December
- Why Canada Doesn’t Need a Law Against Stealing Firefighting Equipment
Category Archives: Rental
Since March, political debate and discussion in Ontario has been stuck on two points: rent control and the housing market. Though these are separate issues that involve two different areas of law, they are inextricably linked. Soaring housing prices keep … Continue reading
Rent control has been a hot topic in the media for the past several weeks, thanks to CBC Toronto and the No Fixed Address series of stories. Now, the debate has found its way into Queen’s Park. New Democratic Party … Continue reading
A popular story from CBC has put the spotlight on rental law in Ontario. Shannon Martin, a reporter for CBC Toronto, wrote about her experience as a self-proclaimed 32-year-old couch surfer. Shannon’s former landlord forced her out of her apartment … Continue reading