- Here’s Why Ontario’s Back-to-Work Legislation May Be Unconstitutional
- Does the Legal Profession have a Civility Problem?
- Should Ontario Charities Provide Legal Services?
- Law Society to Debate Controversial Equality Oath in December
- Why Canada Doesn’t Need a Law Against Stealing Firefighting Equipment
Category Archives: Real Estate
Earlier this year, the government of Ontario launched the Fair Housing Plan, a multi-phase effort to update various aspects of real estate and residential tenancy law in the province. This included an upcoming review of the practice known as “double-ending”, … Continue reading
Since March, political debate and discussion in Ontario has been stuck on two points: rent control and the housing market. Though these are separate issues that involve two different areas of law, they are inextricably linked. Soaring housing prices keep … Continue reading
When it comes to the housing market, Ontario is at a turning point. House prices across the province are still soaring, especially in Toronto and the GTA. Wealthy investors are turning to bidding wars in hopes of cashing in on … Continue reading