- Here’s Why Ontario’s Back-to-Work Legislation May Be Unconstitutional
- Does the Legal Profession have a Civility Problem?
- Should Ontario Charities Provide Legal Services?
- Law Society to Debate Controversial Equality Oath in December
- Why Canada Doesn’t Need a Law Against Stealing Firefighting Equipment
Category Archives: Poverty
Staff at the Fair Change Community Legal Clinic in Toronto is pursuing a constitutional challenge against Ontario’s Safe Streets Act, which criminalizes “aggressive panhandling” in the province. This is the second legal challenge to the law since it was enacted … Continue reading
This year, the Ontario government will test out a guaranteed basic income program to reduce poverty in the province. The guaranteed basic income would replace social assistance programs like Ontario Works and the Ontario Disability Support Program with a single, … Continue reading