- Here’s Why Ontario’s Back-to-Work Legislation May Be Unconstitutional
- Does the Legal Profession have a Civility Problem?
- Should Ontario Charities Provide Legal Services?
- Law Society to Debate Controversial Equality Oath in December
- Why Canada Doesn’t Need a Law Against Stealing Firefighting Equipment
Category Archives: Crime
Staff at the Fair Change Community Legal Clinic in Toronto is pursuing a constitutional challenge against Ontario’s Safe Streets Act, which criminalizes “aggressive panhandling” in the province. This is the second legal challenge to the law since it was enacted … Continue reading
Last week, the Liberal government followed through on its election promise and introduced legislation to legalize marijuana in Canada. The fanfare over the newly-tabled Cannabis Act allowed concurrent changes to impaired driving laws to slip by without much notice in … Continue reading
On January 25, 2016, after a grueling and complicated murder trial, Travis Vader was sentenced to life imprisonment. If this long ordeal has taught us anything, it’s that one of the greatest threats to our criminal justice system come from … Continue reading